Sunday, February 18, 2018

What Blogs Should I Be Reading? Staying a Step Behind in Social Media

I get it! Facebook is for old people. I read it in the newspaper (also for old people, according to one of my comp students). What about blogging though?

I confess that while I try to stay current on my reading posts, I had not checked my favorite blogs list in awhile. Sure enough, more than half had been abandoned. I would still prefer to having a few places to go for book suggestions and such without having to sift through my backlog of emails.

My question, then, to those who take time to read what I write: Are there blogs you read regularly or often? I don't necessarily need more book suggestions. I could be snowed in for months without running out of reading material. But I enjoy book suggestions, book lists, book chat. I am also interested in other bloggers who have something to say worth reading. Humor is a plus. I'd like your feedback.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

cbw said...

I don't read too many book blogs. Yours is one of the few which I think I found because I was looking for Southern authors years ago. The one I do follow is Modern Mrs. Darcy. Anne Bogel has great lists of books. I also highly recommend listening to her podcast, What Should I Read Next? Various guests tell her 3 books they love, 1 book they hate and what they are reading currently and she gives them 3 book suggestions. It's great in that there is such a wide variety of guests and book recommendations.

I also occasionally listen to the From the Front Porch podcast which is from the Bookshelf in Thomasville, Georgia. Not all books all the time, but usually entertaining.