1. I can read keep more than one book going at a time—if they’re different modes (audio, eBook, traditional.)
2. Sometimes I read a book from the library and then feel I have to own it anyway.
3. I feel guilty borrowing books I know I probably won’t read.
4. My fourth grade teacher read the entire Little House series to us.
5. I love to read aloud.
6. If I don’t have an audiobook for the car, I get twitchy.
7. When I was back in school, I would find an author I loved and to read all of his or her books, working my way through the library shelves.
8. I have a hard time getting rid of books.
9. When I donate books to the library’s book sale, I too often end up going myself and buying more than I gave away.
10. I’ve read lots of books late, late at night—even on vacation—sitting in the bathroom so I wouldn’t wake the family.
11. I like to have books signed by authors.
12. I actually read my signed first editions.
13. I am an author groupie.
14. Few things make me happier than for someone I like or love to read a book I’ve read so we can talk about it.
15. Sometimes I judge a book by its cover.
16. I never read the last page ahead of time.
17. I always rush to get to the end of a book then feel sad when it’s over.
18. Lots of times, after I finish a book, I immediately re-read the first chapter—or the last chapter.
19. I don’t feel bad about loving a book someone else hated.
20. I hate to waste my time on lightweight books (which doesn’t mean I don’t like humor. I do!)
21. If I really love a book I’m reading, I call my dad (or someone else who’d like a particular passage) and read.
22. I read with a book mark on which I write notes about passages I like--or words I want to define.
23. I write in my paperback books with a very sharp pencil and very straight lines.
24. I don’t find the eBook experience at all inferior to traditional books, but I wish I could write on them and share them.
25. If you borrow one of my books and don’t give it back. I remember. I may not accuse you of stealing, but I remember.
26. I read Little Women and The Wizard of Oz for the first time in the first or second grade.
27. I can read in the car without getting carsick.
28. I have read while driving. Not proud of it, but I did it.
29. Local bookstores make me happy in the same way art museums do.
30. My elementary school librarian influenced me as much as any teacher I ever had.
31. I have many friendships based almost completely on our mutual love of books.
32. I married a man who loves good books. I can't image living with a nonreader.
I'd love to see your lists too.