Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays

On the blog "Should Be Reading" I found today's suggestion: Take your current book and share two "teaser" sentences--no spoilers. I always annotate my books--margin notes, favorite lines marked in the back, sometimes character lists or family trees to sort through the crowd of characters--so I can quickly find a line or two.

Right now I am reading (among other things) Out Stealing Horses, by Norwegian writer Per Petterson. No, it's not a Western. Here, without further comment, are my teaser sentences:

"What he taught me was to be reckless, taught me that if I let myself go, did not slow myself down by thinking so much beforehand I could achieve many things I would never have dreamt possible."

Once I'm finished reading, I'll report back. Until then, I'll be out stealing horses.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a thought provoking teaser! Looking forward to your review.